WestJet’s Flagship “Elevation Lounge” Unveiled at Calgary International Airport
October 27, 2020 Admin
|WestJet guests at Calgary International Airport have a new lounge to enjoy. |
WestJet today proudly revealed its flagship lounge – the WestJet Elevation Lounge – at YYC.
Boasting more than 9,300 square feet of premium space with panoramic views and Canadian-inspired details, the WestJet Elevation Lounge “blends contemporary design with refined mountain living inspired by Canada’s diverse landscape. The flagship space was designed in collaboration with global architecture and design firm Gensler to carefully consider the needs and safety of guests and frequent travellers.”
Working in partnership with The Calgary Airport Authority, the Elevation Lounge will open to the public on November 2, 2020 and is conveniently located at Concourse B of the Domestic Terminal and is accessible to guests departing from Concourses A, B and C, as well as Concourse D of the International Terminal (when accessed from security checkpoint B or C).
Guests departing or connecting on domestic or international flights can look forward to an elevated experience inside the lounge including:
– Chef-designed and freshly prepared menu that highlights local and seasonal ingredients.
– Signature beverages designed and delivered by dedicated bartenders; a premium selection of wine; and beer options from Calgary’s own breweries, including WestJet’s Elevation beer on tap by The Dandy Brewing Company, and an XPA by Annex Ale Project. All served from a vibrant and social bar in the heart of the lounge.
– Dedicated focus spaces to unplug or plug-in for business and leisure featuring WiFi, free printing and reservable meeting space with digital amenities.
– Refreshing spaces, including reservable and private shower facilities.
– WestJet Priority Service Agents to assist with travel plans, share expertise on local information and provide the caring service WestJetters are known for.
– Exclusive artwork by Calgary-based artist Mandy Stobo featuring an immersive augmented reality experience. Playful interpretations of WestJet’s home province weaved throughout the space including a statement graphic of Canmore’s Three Sisters mountain peaks above the bar.
– Curated Canadian products from local companies such as Rocky Mountain Soap Company and Calgary’s own Fratello Coffee Roasters. –
– Dedicated family space with activities for kids to interact with and explore.
“The opening of the WestJet Elevation Lounge is a pivotal moment for our business and demonstrates our commitment to delivering world-class experiences both on the ground and in the air,” said Arved von zur Muehlen, WestJet Chief Commercial Officer. “It was only fitting to open this flagship space within our home hub in Calgary. The lounge will provide our top-tier WestJet Rewards members and business cabin travellers with a safe and comfortable place to rest, rejuvenate and work when visiting YYC.”
Once inside the Elevation Lounge guests will experience many of WestJet’s enhanced health, safety and sanitization measures that have been implemented to ensure guest safety throughout their journey through the airline’s Safety Above All program.
The Elevation Lounge features:
– Contactless, self-serve entry.
– Mandatory face masks for guests and staff, except when eating and drinking.
– A thoughtful floor plan with reduced capacity to ensure physical distancing.
– The ability to order food and beverages directly to table using personal devices.
– An enhanced and continuous cleaning regimen including electrostatic spraying, plexiglass shields at high interaction areas and hand sanitizers placed in high-touch zones.
As the carrier with the most flights from Calgary and the only Canadian carrier flying internationally currently from YYC, the opening of Elevation Lounge demonstrates WestJet’s ongoing commitment to growing its presence and premium guest experience in Calgary.
The lounge’s completion is marked by two years of research, planning and construction within the YYC Calgary International Airport. Complete entry and eligibility details are available here.