Four Seasons Looks to 2021 With New and Improved Hotels and Resorts
December 3, 2020 Admin
Whether making plans to travel, dreaming of future travel or simply looking to enjoy a new local experience, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts reveals what to look forward to from the world’s leading luxury hospitality company next year.
“Exciting new hotel openings, renovations and enhancements are progressing across the portfolio, all with a focus on creating the most exceptional luxury experiences while welcoming guests safely,” says Christian Clerc, President, Global Operations for Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. “Regardless of the destination, Four Seasons guests can take comfort in knowing that their health and safety is our highest priority.”
In May 2020, the company introduced Lead With Care, an enhanced global health and safety program for employees, guests and residents that responds to the evolving nature of the pandemic in concert with local health authorities. Given the fluid and unique situation in each local market, Four Seasons also created Welcome Back, a centralised place to find the latest information about property reopenings and current facility availability, including any temporary changes to the on-property experience.
Recent New Openings
- Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Otemachi – The company’s third location in Japan is a glittering, all-new hotel overlooking the Imperial Palace and Gardens in the Otemachi district, highlighted by four new food and beverage concepts as well as a stunning spa designed by Jean-Michel Gathy.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Madrid – The long-anticipated Spanish debut of Four Seasons completes the stunning restoration of a collection of seven historic buildings in the heart of the capital, plus Michelin-starred celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s newest restaurant concept, Dani, featuring a year-round outdoor terrace atop the Hotel.
- Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco at Embarcadero – A recent conversion to the brand brings a second address in the city featuring fully reimagined rooms by design firm Marzipan and sweeping panoramic views across the city and Bay near the dynamic Embarcadero waterfront. Coming soon – a brand-new restaurant featuring local produce and California wines.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Bangkok at Chao Phraya River – Opening December 18, 2020, the imminent return of Four Seasons to the Thai capital will be nothing short of spectacular with an all-new riverside hotel and residences designed by Jean-Michel Gathy featuring six restaurant and bar concepts and an expansive wellness centre.
Anticipated Openings in 2021
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley – Located in the charming community of Calistoga, the next addition to the diverse Four Seasons California Collection will include wine country’s first Four Seasons resort with an on-site winery and vineyard, in partnership with Thomas Rivers Brown. Featuring 85 luxurious accommodations designed by Erin Martin, two outdoor pools, and a distinctive wellness-focused spa concept, Spa Talisa, the property will also introduce the highly anticipated TRUSS Restaurant and Bar led by Michelin starred Chef Erik Anderson. Anticipated opening in early 2021. (Editor’s note: Calistoga is a fabulous town with great shopping and wonderful wineries; very walkable and low-key.)
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences New Orleans – The first Four Seasons in one of America’s culinary capitals has just announced its partnership with award-winning chef Alon Shaya, who is developing a signature restaurant concept for the new 34-storey riverfront hotel in the World Trade Center, which will also include additional food and beverage outlets, a full-service spa, an outdoor pool deck and expansive event spaces. Anticipated opening in Spring 2021.
- Four Seasons Resort Tamarindo, México – Set on more than 800 hectares (2,000 acres) of an eco-reserve on the Pacific coast, this contemporary-style cliffside resort and golf club will be a pristine oasis with abundant recreational opportunities and access to multiple beaches and private coves to discover. Anticipated opening in 2021.
- San Domenico Palace, Taormina, A Four Seasons Hotel –Four Seasons recently announced that the legendary San Domenico Palace will soon debut as a Four Seasons experience in the seaside Sicilian town of Taormina. (Editor’s note: Taormina is one of the top sights in Italy.) Adding to the brand’s exceptional collection of European hotels in historic settings, the popular hillside hotel overlooking the Ionian Sea will also be home to two Michelin starred Principe Cerami restaurant. Anticipated opening in 2021.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Fort Lauderdale – The brand’s collection of hotels, resorts and residences in the Sunshine State continues to grow with the addition of a Kobi Karp-envisioned oceanfront hotel with interiors by Tara Bernerd and Martin Brudnizki, and landscape design by Fernando Wong. Anticipated opening in late 2021.
Renovations and Enhancements in the Americas
- Four Seasons Hotel Austin – The urban resort on the shores of Lady Bird Lake has just unveiled a new look for its year-round outdoor pool with the addition of plush daybeds and airy cabanas, capping off a multi-year transformation of the entire hotel.
- Four Seasons Hotel Chicago – Adorn, a globally-inspired restaurant in partnership with James Beard Award-winning chef Jonathon Sawyer, is one of many reasons to celebrate the completion of this multi-year, top-to-bottom renovation on the Magnificent Mile. (Editor’s note: Great location and a beautiful hotel.)
- Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo – The latest enhancements to the enclave of Peninsula Papagayo on Costa Rica’s North Pacific Coast are the eco-friendly Prieta Bay villas and estate homes bookable through Four Seasons.
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai – A multi-million-dollar enhancement program is touching nearly every aspect of the Hawaii Island resort. Highlights include a complete rooms renovation, a dramatic update of the King’s Pond swimmable aquarium, a new culinary academy and significant expansion of its golf program, led by the new 275 square metre (3,000 square foot) golf hale. (Editor’s note: Amazing resort with lush, tropical grounds and great Hawaiian cultural programs.)
- Four Seasons Hotel Houston – Earlier in 2020 this long-time favourite unveiled new guest room designs to be completed in early 2021, and most recently in its multi-year renovation program, the bold transformation of its Grand Ballroom by designers Meyer Davis.
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies – A resort-wide transformation was completed a year ago, while enhancements continue to be made at this Caribbean hideaway, featuring newly designed guest rooms and suites, a new look for the resort’s pools, and new dining programs, along with additional experiences to discover. (Editor’s note: An outstanding resort with one of the best golf courses in the Caribbean.)
- Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Mexico – Debuting the results of a multi-year renovation last summer, this oceanfront oasis on a private peninsula is now showcasing newly-renovated casita-style accommodations, private villas and beach homes, the refreshed Nuna pool, and expanded wellness, fitness and family programming.
- Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown – Lower Manhattan’s preferred address has just unveiled the sophisticated new Empire Suite. Designed by Tara Bernerd, it features 180-degree views from the 24th floor, offering the ultimate urban sanctuary with media room, a full catering kitchen and more. (Editor’s note: One of my fave hotels in the city).
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler – The newly renovated Canadian mountain resort completes a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.